Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Auto Loans

tag
bobtail
Regular Contributor

PenFed Auto Loans

Anyone familiar with a penfed Payment saver auto loan?     What are their qualifications?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Auto Loans

Penfed is extremely conservative.

Message 2 of 26
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Penfed is extremely conservative.

usmc's post might be the understatement of the year....  They are stupidly conservative! I applied recently for an auto loan and was turned down for.... TOO MANY INQUIRIES / TOO MUCH AVAILABLE CREDIT.
over 120k income, 800 scores, DTI = abut 30 - 35%.  
 So... If i cant get approved, im not sure what theyre looking for, however, I only have a credit card with them, no other accounts - so not much history...
 I would suggest NFCU if you can join, I got preapproval check for up to 50k, 1-day approval, check arrived 2 days later - at 3.99% 

Message 3 of 26
bobtail
Regular Contributor

My Dad, who is now deceased was in the Navy.  Would I qualify as a family member?
Message 4 of 26
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Is Allied easier to deal with?
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your dad was a member and your mom is still alive  yes, your mom can sponsor you.

If not the reality is you probably do not qualify.

Penfed simply is not an option unless you have Bill gates level income and a over 750 score. ( I am asure there are exceptions but if you aposting in these forums yuo probably do not have either.)

We have already recommended Alliant to you. Yes you have to pay for PTA membership. Sorry sometimes you have to pay to play.

There is no sure thing by the way. I have no idea what your scores are so NFCU or ALLIANT may still decline to do business with you.

Message 6 of 26
soccrstar
New Contributor

How about PenFeds 2nd Chance Car Loan Program?

has anyone ever tried that?

they sent me a mailing to request more information about it. I sent info back to them.

I never heard of them doing that. I know DCU does 2nd chance auto financing but its ONLY for refinancing

Message Edited by soccrstar on 06-28-2009 12:28 PM

EQ: 632 FICO8 / EX: 622 FICO8 / TU: 648 FICO8 / EQ: 648 FICO9 / EX: 652 FICO9 / TU: 624 FICO9 / Credit Karma: 633 Transunion 622 Equifax / Credit Sesame 633 / Positive Open Loan Tradelines: Auto loan $42000 / NEWEST CARD - Don't Remember / goal by 2019: 650 or more FICO8 across the board
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know something, we have been giving you car loan advice here for the last two months.

Whats been going on?

Are you taking any of it?

Did you actually join PENFED? cause you fritted away that money you spent to join- you will not be for  along time someone they want to lend to.

Did you try Ford?, many people thought Ford would be a good fit for you.

You have a van, have you been spending time since you started saving up even more money for a down payment?

Are you running around for Just an approval, or are you running around for an approval with outstanding terms, cause even you have stated you are rebuilding, you may have to set your sights on a lower amount to finance or that you will be getting a higher interest rate then you want.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soccrstar wrote:

How about PenFeds 2nd Chance Car Loan Program?

has anyone ever tried that?

PENFED IS EXTREMELY CONSEVATIVE IN THEIR LENDING IF THE SCORES YOU POSTED ARE CORRECT YOU ARE FRITTING AWAY TIME AND AN INQUIRY.

Message 9 of 26
soccrstar
New Contributor

I joined years ago, they just sent me a letter stating I need to have activity or they closing it. along with it had an option to get more info on some of their products. Never applied. I know I'd never get anything. I don't play on buying another car for least another 14-20 months. providing my car last that long (2001 ford focus 199,6XX miles

EQ: 632 FICO8 / EX: 622 FICO8 / TU: 648 FICO8 / EQ: 648 FICO9 / EX: 652 FICO9 / TU: 624 FICO9 / Credit Karma: 633 Transunion 622 Equifax / Credit Sesame 633 / Positive Open Loan Tradelines: Auto loan $42000 / NEWEST CARD - Don't Remember / goal by 2019: 650 or more FICO8 across the board
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.