Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Refi Odds

tag
creditstarved
Valued Member

Re: PenFed Refi Odds

Nice! Thankfully PenFed uses NADA which values my car above what I owe on it (just barely by ~$1,100).

I was asked to provide my two most recent pay stubs for income/employment verification. Just finished emailing them off to the provided address tonight. Hopefully I'll have good news tomorrow. My fingers are crossed.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 773 (Jan. 2013)
Current Score: EQ FICO 783 (Feb. 2013)
Goal Score: EQ FICO 850

What's in my wallet? Chase Freedom - 1.9k || Chase United Explorer Signature Visa - 8.5k || Chase Priority Club Select Signature Visa - 5.9k || Citi Platinum Rewards - 4k || Citi Simplicity - 9.1k || GE Capital/Ashley Furniture 3.5k || Penfed Rewards Visa - 5k
Message 11 of 17
Jkusa
Valued Member

Hope you get it!!!!

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
creditstarved
Valued Member

Approved today! Smiley Very Happy

What's in my wallet? Chase Freedom - 1.9k || Chase United Explorer Signature Visa - 8.5k || Chase Priority Club Select Signature Visa - 5.9k || Citi Platinum Rewards - 4k || Citi Simplicity - 9.1k || GE Capital/Ashley Furniture 3.5k || Penfed Rewards Visa - 5k
Message 13 of 17
Jkusa
Valued Member

Congrats!!!! I got my check last wednesday, on thursday I sent it overnight to Cap1. Checked online today and my Cap1 auto loan balance is zero. 

Really a very easy process

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652

Message 14 of 17
creditstarved
Valued Member

So far so good! I just need the check - they said it would be in the mail today. We'll see.

I spoke with a Cap1 CSR about the title transfer and she said it will be sent directly to them. How do they know where to send it? Are there instructions that PenFed provides when they mail the check?

Message 15 of 17
Jkusa
Valued Member

You'll get the following in your package:

1.)Promissory Note that you'll need to sign and return to Penfed

2.)Loan Repayment Form that will be prepopulated with your checking account info that you'll need to sign and send to Penfed with the above

3.) Check made out to the current leinholder that you'll need to endorse

4.) Authorization for payoff and demand for certificate of title that you'll need to fill out and send, with the endorsed check, to you current leinholder.

5.)Form to send to your insurance company to have the leinholder changed to PenFed and to have them send a copy of the updated policy delcaration page to Penfed. I called my insurance company after the Cap1 account showed a zero balance and did this part over the phone.

Other than that they include a couple of paymeent vouchers to use in case there's a delay in getting you payment book (do folks still use those?) or ACH set-up

Message 16 of 17
creditstarved
Valued Member

That's great info...thanks a bunch! I wish I had thought of refinancing sooner. All of that interest that Cap1 earned off of me...

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.