Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Used Auto Loan Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Used Auto Loan Recon

I was approved for membership recently and applied for 3 products. Pen Fed Promise, Pen Fed Platinum Rewards Visa, and Used Auto Loan. I was turned down for the auto first and then I applied for the 2 credit cards the next day I believe and was approved for both. I found that to be weird but one of the reason I was turned down for the auto loan was because of a collections. I hate EQ!!!!!!!! I settled my last collection account in October and got the branch manager to agree to delete the account from all 3 bureaus. When my reports updated, I was able to see that it had been deleted from Experian  since I have CCT but not the other 2. I figured it had been by the time I asked for membership with Pen Fed. Well I was wrong!!! Does anyone think sending a letter asking for reconsideration and sending proof of the payment/agreement with he collection company will help with their reconsideration? Back in 2013, NFCU approved me for a car loan but I didn't know crap about credit and I accepted. This rate is extremely high and I plan to pay the car off completely in January if Pen Fed doesn't reconsider my application. Has anyone ever ask for reconsideration with them? 

I have the letter typed up and will be mailing it out today. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed Used Auto Loan Recon

https://www.penfed.org/loan-application-reconsideration/

Yes they have been open to recons. Good luck!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
https://www.penfed.org/loan-application-reconsideration/

Yes they have been open to recons. Good luck!

Awesome. Thank you! I forgot you can email them hence that's the way I sent my verification documents Smiley LOL 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A loan processor emailed me this earlier:

Dear Member,

Thank you for your response. I forwarded the document(s) to your Processor for
review. Please check back with us in 24-72 hours for a status update either
online at www.penfed.org or via phone at 800-247-5626.

☺️☺️
Message 4 of 5
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Good luck
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.