Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed.org

tag
Icemanku
New Contributor

PenFed.org

Has anyone used PenFed before? What's your experience? Good/Bad?

I couldn't find this on their website, but If I have a family member, my father, grandfather, brother, who served can I utilize this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Re: PenFed.org

Don't know about family members but I do know you can join by making a small donation at account opening if you are not military affiliated. I made the donation and opened an account for $25 and was still denied for an auto loan refi due to past (zero balance) delinquencies. If you're planning on trying to open any sort of line of credit with them please insure your credit score is close or better yet above 700.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
namvet
Established Contributor

Pentagon Federal is a great credit union but tend to be a little conservative.  If you are new to credit, have more than a few inquiries and scores below 700 this may not be a fit for you.  They pull Eq to apply for membership.

Message 3 of 4
Lilybuggy
Valued Member

I believe that a relative with a military affiliation helps, but I think they have to be PenFed members in their own right.  So for example, my husband became a member through the donation avenue and then I became a member because of him.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.