Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed

HI there ,long time lurker on the forums i`ve gotten a lot of good info here! this is my penfed experience, joined in aug.16 got a $32k auto loan at 6.5% ,$8.5k penfed visa siggy card, scores were : TU 678 ,EX 690 , EQ 666 .  my penfed next gen was 656.   I also applied within 90  days got penfed defender with 5k limit. In Oct.15 i had a 559 fico score! Pen fed has been very good to me!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HI there ,long time lurker on the forums i`ve gotten a lot of good info here! this is my penfed experience, joined in aug.16 got a $32k auto loan at 6.5% ,$8.5k penfed visa siggy card, scores were : TU 678 ,EX 690 , EQ 666 .  my penfed next gen was 656.   I also applied within 90  days got penfed defender with 5k limit. In Oct.15 i had a 559 fico score! Pen fed has been very good to me!

Indeed.. Can you share the Autoloan process experience? What did you have to do?

Your approval is similar to mine. Mine is 33K with 7.7% APR. But have not used it yet.. They said my APR could go down if I am unable to use the whole 33K.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined and applied in branch the same day(i work 10 minutes from a branch ) originally asked for $25k and was approved . was told to go to dealer make deal and give them vehicle vin . was told that they do loans up to 110% LTV.
  Well when  got to dealer after trade in ect. i was going to need about 32k in financing , went back to branch they said no problem approved me for 32k at 6.5% , also asked me if i wanted a credit card, approved me for penfed visa rewards at $8.5 K !( my highest cclimit was cap one at $1300!)  I had a fico score of 559 in oct of2015! I had  just paid off a cap one auto loan of 17.99%. I signed loan docs and was out of branch in 30 minutes , all this was done same day! hope this helps you! Oh my income is $60k

Message 13 of 17
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Cnman301, thank you for sharing your experience!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined and applied in branch the same day(i work 10 minutes from a branch ) originally asked for $25k and was approved . was told to go to dealer make deal and give them vehicle vin . was told that they do loans up to 110% LTV.
  Well when  got to dealer after trade in ect. i was going to need about 32k in financing , went back to branch they said no problem approved me for 32k at 6.5% , also asked me if i wanted a credit card, approved me for penfed visa rewards at $8.5 K !( my highest cclimit was cap one at $1300!)  I had a fico score of 559 in oct of2015! I had  just paid off a cap one auto loan of 17.99%. I signed loan docs and was out of branch in 30 minutes , all this was done same day! hope this helps you! Oh my income is $60k

My profile is very similar to yours.. Thanks for sharing your data points and experience.

I too have a current Auto Loan with Cap One at 9.1% APR and currently 5K upside down.

Dealer gave me final val with the upside down for 36K which is beyond my approved loan of 33K. I have a 8K cash that I can pay off the upside down and will probably put 3K down towards the final val to lower my monthly payment.

Due to PenFed not having a local branch here in NY, it would probably take me multiple trips to the dealership to finalize this.

Message 15 of 17
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Can I use PenFed even if I don't live in an area where they have a branch?

Message 16 of 17
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@jlitnns wrote:

Can I use PenFed even if I don't live in an area where they have a branch?

Yes

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.