cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfect history with credit union. Need an suv. Approval question.

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Perfect history with credit union. Need an suv. Approval question.

@Anonymous wrote:

@MostlyAwake wrote:
I am aware of the "process of which you can't speak" to get the collections removed. Negotiating them down or off isn't an option. They are all owned by 2 collectors who arbitrarily will not work with you for anything less than the amount owed. I do not nor will I ever have the $800,000 to pay them.

And this is ignoring the fact that I'm on 3 month oncology, 6 month radiology and 1 year colonoscopy followups for the rest of my life and it all amounts to more than I can keep paid. I pay for the medicine because I have to take it and my visit Co pays because I have to do them. The rest is treated with a "can't pay it all so don't pay any of it" attitude so I'll have new collections going in as fast as they come off and it will stay that way forever. The only change will be the 3 month visits going away when I hit 5 years.

I know its common to suggest fixing my file but it genuinely isn't a possibility in my case. It would be easier to just pay cash and eliminate the need for credit entirely.

I am sorry to hear you are going through this.  Terrible situation. Your case shows the fundemental flaw with our healthcare system.  I have worked in healthcare for almost 30 years and hear these terrible stories far too often.    I hope things work out with your credit union, perhaps they will view these medical collections differently.  I know for some of the government sponsored mortgage programs they disregard medical collections, unfortunately the FICO folks don't differientiate.  

I believe FICO 09 is going to ignore medical collections if I am not mistaken?

@OP   Sorry sorry to hear about all your hardships.. Hopefully your CU will work with you since you have a long term relationship with them..  Wish you all the best

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.