Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perturbed with Infinity Leasing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perturbed with Infinity Leasing

Three weeks ago we signed lease papers on a new car for wife. TODAY they call and say there is an "issue". Want to discuss credit report items. If it were up to me, their car would be back on their lot tonight. Now we have to wait and see if the answers to their questions were acceptable. I am furious, I can understand having questions a day or two later but it has been too long.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Perturbed with Infinity Leasing

contractor wrote:
Three weeks ago we signed lease papers on a new car for wife. TODAY they call and say there is an "issue". Want to discuss credit report items. If it were up to me, their car would be back on their lot tonight. Now we have to wait and see if the answers to their questions were acceptable. I am furious, I can understand having questions a day or two later but it has been too long.

Look at your lease docs, you probably signed a provisional agreement that the deal was contingent on receiving financing approval.  If they can't get you financing you have to return the car, but there is a per/day charge and a cents/mile charge.  For luxury vehicles it can be hefty ($100/day + 35 cents/mi is not uncommon).  Three weeks is a bit long, but it took Lexus about that length of time before my loan docs were finalized.

Play a bit of hardball with them.  They DO NOT want that car back.

Message Edited by Watchmann on 08-19-2008 10:54 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Perturbed with Infinity Leasing

I'm sure they will finance it, DW had a 705 and I showed a 665 on the Auto score they pulled from EQ. I just think they are looking for an excuse to rate jack us and I will park it on their lot for a few days to let them think about it, if need be.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.