Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Planning to finance new car, good rate?

DaveSignal wrote:

AAFES (army and air force exchange service) is getting the custom ordered US-spec car for me and delivering it to me in England. $350 is about what my monthly payment is with 60 month financing. I did just call NFCU though, and they have offered me 2.09%. They are mailing me a check tomorrow.... only issue is that it will probably take a couple weeks to get here. I think this is a good rate, though. I am going back to the AAFES dealer and if he can beat 2.09%, I will finance with him. Otherwise, it looks like I am waiting for the NFCU check to arrive.

This Fiesta ST is gonna be sweet! It is just under $25k with the Recaro seats and painted wheels, but I want that stuff! Since I plan on around 5k downpayment, I got the loan for $20k. I told them I would think about the GAP insurance that they tried to sell me. Should I add that on?

well perfect... I would go with Navy, that will be a great relationship to continue to grow!

I would also go ahead and take the gap since it's only what $249?

after taxes and such you are really only putting like $2k+ towards prinsiple and the gap would kick in if the car was totaled and insurance said the value wasn't the entire loan amount you owe... so for a couple hundred dollars you might be upide down on value to your new loan for a year or more so take it and then nothing to worry about no matter what.. plus it's put into your loan so probably $4 month!

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}