Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me Get a Lease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help Me Get a Lease

I am a graduate student, and I will have graduated in about 3-4 years. So I think  a 3 year lease, 6-9 month from now, will make sense the most for my case. If I get a car loan, and if it take me more than a few months to get a job after I graduate then I might not be able to make car payment during that transition period.

Vehicle: 2015 Honda Accord/Toyota Camry Hybrid MSRP: $23-25k

Income: $25k/year. I know this is on the low side. I think I can also add a $38k/year schorlarship as part of my income. This is basically my tuition waiver, but on 1098-T it shows as a scholarship.

Rent: $640/month

Credit score: Maybe 720+ in 6+ months.

Credit card Ultilization Ratio: 10-15% of $31k, 8 accounts. Oldest: 6 year. Newest: Recently Open. AAoA: 2 year.

Student loan: $25k, no payment until I graduate.

Other loan: $3k, consumer finance, $197/month payment. (Maybe I can transfer the balance to my Discover it CC 0%APR to reduce DTI)

Derogatory: None

Previous car loan: None

Cosigner: Probably none.

Cash available for down payment: $3-4k. I know down payment is really silly for a lease. But my SO and friends/relatives offer to help me with a few thousand dollars in down payment if that will help.

So what do you think about my chance of getting a car lease with competetive rates? Is there anything I can do to improve the odds?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help Me Get a Lease

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a graduate student, and I will have graduated in about 3-4 years. So I think  a 3 year lease, 6-9 month from now, will make sense the most for my case. If I get a car loan, and if it take me more than a few months to get a job after I graduate then I might not be able to make car payment during that transition period.

Vehicle: 2015 Honda Accord/Toyota Camry Hybrid MSRP: $23-25k

Income: $25k/year. I know this is on the low side. I think I can also add a $38k/year schorlarship as part of my income. This is basically my tuition waiver, but on 1098-T it shows as a scholarship.

Rent: $640/month

Credit score: Maybe 720+ in 6+ months.

Credit card Ultilization Ratio: 10-15% of $31k, 8 accounts. Oldest: 6 year. Newest: Recently Open. AAoA: 2 year.

Student loan: $25k, no payment until I graduate.

Other loan: $3k, consumer finance, $197/month payment. (Maybe I can transfer the balance to my Discover it CC 0%APR to reduce DTI)

Derogatory: None

Previous car loan: None

Cosigner: Probably none.

Cash available for down payment: $3-4k. I know down payment is really silly for a lease. But my SO and friends/relatives offer to help me with a few thousand dollars in down payment if that will help.

So what do you think about my chance of getting a car lease with competetive rates? Is there anything I can do to improve the odds?

If that will be a real credit score in 6 months, you will not have any problem getting a lease approved.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.