cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help !!!! Pleaseee A Dealer or Someone.

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Please Help !!!! Pleaseee A Dealer or Someone.

Between being upside down on your trade in, doc fees, licensing, and taxes I don't think six thousand over msrp is all that unreasonable... It sounds like the dealer has questionable ethics, but you need to realize they aren't there to help you. They are selling cars. I agree with going and talking to some credit unions, but your likely going to need money to get anything done. It sounds like you may just have to make your payments for a while and hopefully in six months to a year you can buyout the lease with financing from a credit union. On a side note, next time you buy a car do some research. Even just an hour or two of reading around the internet could save you a lot of headache and money. Also a car buying program may be a good idea if your uncomfortable with negotiating prices.  

Message 31 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Chris123nTx wrote:

@shaun2009 wrote:

See the thing with that is i spent so much time there and by the time they got me something and i saw the price they had said my mom had signed before we found out the price she had to go to work and then i was stuck there and they told me they sold my car whole sale already so it left me with no choice but to sign it because i need a car to get to work ... so i couldnt leave there with nothing at all because it wouldnt have went well at all i work 20 miles away from my home..

You know, i am not trying to be mean here, but you willingly took a car that you could in no way afford, on terms that you sure as heck could not afford, co-mingled your moms credit (not sure how she could get a lease with her score), but even knowing all that, you did it so you would not have to pay a 20 mile cab fare to work? You are stuck with this, in fact you and your mom both are. I know the allure of brand spanking new cars when you are young. I even succumbed to that lure myself...of course i was 40 by then, but just because the deal sucks, for your no credit and your moms poor credit, it was the deal they got you. No way is the dealer going to take the car back no matter. It is a done deal as far as they are concerned. You will get no where going to them or calling them or anything else. You have a very very expensive learning opportunity here. Good luck with it. I think that even doing a buyout refi will be next to immposible since you rolled in thousands of negative equity from you old car. Saving a bunch of money from your second job to come up with a big pile of cash to put to a buyout might give you some hope in six months to a year.

+1

But, the wholesale story by the dealer was just a ploy to get them to sign the terrible deal. The dealer still had the car, they wouldn't sell a car that wasn't even their own vehicle yet. If they had, major legal issues could arrise.

This was your 2000th post. Congratulations! Smiley LOL

Haha, not my fondest post.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 32 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

Between being upside down on your trade in, doc fees, licensing, and taxes I don't think six thousand over msrp is all that unreasonable... It sounds like the dealer has questionable ethics, but you need to realize they aren't there to help you. They are selling cars. I agree with going and talking to some credit unions, but your likely going to need money to get anything done. It sounds like you may just have to make your payments for a while and hopefully in six months to a year you can buyout the lease with financing from a credit union. On a side note, next time you buy a car do some research. Even just an hour or two of reading around the internet could save you a lot of headache and money. Also a car buying program may be a good idea if your uncomfortable with negotiating prices.  

+1

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.