Sheslovely

Please help me!

I'm looking to buy my first car and I have no idea how any of this works!
I'm looking to buy a used car around 14k and have readied a 3.5k down payment, but here is my problem: my FICO is only 597 and three years ago I opened a credit card with a 300$ limit and because I lost my job, it was closed and sent into collections about 4 years ago. I've been working but I haven't made enough money to do anything to fix it until now, but every time I get a hold of the collection agency they give me the run around, refuse to send me anything in writing that says if i pay the debt off that they'll update my report, and insist I pay with a card. (I have an aqauintance who payed a collector this way and they helped themselves to 3x the amount thatthey requested.)

Nevertheless, I need a car and do not have one and I have learned from my mistakes and would like to get my credit back on track now that I'm in a better position to do so. I just am completely new to this and I don't want to get screwed at the dealership! Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!
Sheslovely

Re: Please help me!

Forgot to mention I have a cosigner ( my employer or my uncle, both with credit scores inthe upper 700's)
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Please help me!

You could probably get approved through Carmax or Nissan, especially with 3.5k down... interest will be a little high probably... but if you want to add co-signer then that should help your interest.

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}