Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please suggest low apr offers for cars

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Please suggest low apr offers for cars

Hey All,

I am looking into purchasing a new car, for now the only criteria is low apr.

Thanks,

Code

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Please suggest low apr offers for cars

Deals by Manufacturer:

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

What kind of driving do you do?

Distance of commute?

Climate?

Kids/pets?

Towing?

Track?

Budget?

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 10
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

What kind of driving do you do?  Commute for work(30 mins back n forth, twice a year long drive of about 4 hours)

Distance of commute? about 30 miles total daily.

Climate? Upper midwest, mostly in Wisconsin, Dakotas

Kids/pets? No kid or pet

Towing? No towing

Track? No track

Budget? 25k max(would like something in the early 20ks)

Dustink: Please refer to my in-line comments above.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 4 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

You could check out a Subaru Legacy. I bought one back in Febuary and it came with 0% for 36 month's. It get's pretty good gas mileage on the highway for being AWD. If you put some studless snow tires on it. You won't have problem's on most roads in the winter. The 2.5 limited will be right in your budget because market rate is about $4k off MSRP.

Message 5 of 10
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Dustink - That's a great advice. I do have yet another self imposed limitation though. I need a mid-size suv...can't do sedans anymore. Looking for more like Madza CX - 5.

Any idea about Mazdas?

Message 6 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Dustink - That's a great advice. I do have yet another self imposed limitation though. I need a mid-size suv...can't do sedans anymore. Looking for more like Madza CX - 5.

Any idea about Mazdas?

Doesn't really seem like you need an SUV. Mid size sedan's have lots of room, better MPG, less weight for improved handling and performance. If you are set on an SUV then I understand. Some people like the ride height.

Though, the CX-5 is not a mid-size SUV. It is a compact SUV with a small 155 hp engine. That is very underpowered for an AWD vehicle. Most small front wheel drive sedans have more power than that. I also think you would be disapointed with the long term quality of the vehicle for the price. Though, the compact size of this "SUV" with give it decent handling. It is really just a wagon (ugly sedan). It is not an mid size SUV if that is what you are wanting.

The Nissan Rogue is compact-mid size. You may want to check it out. Same with the VW Tiguan, and Subaru XV.

For a true mid-size SUV you should look into the Nissan Murano. It will be on the high end of your budget. 

I'd also suggest a used Infiniti EX. It is compact but will have plenty of power and options, but will suffer in MPG.

Message 7 of 10
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

Any idea about Mazdas?

Doesn't really seem like you need an SUV. Mid size sedan's have lots of room, better MPG, less weight for improved handling and performance. If you are set on an SUV then I understand. Some people like the ride height.

Though, the CX-5 is not a mid-size SUV. It is a compact SUV with a small 155 hp engine. That is very underpowered for an AWD vehicle. Most small front wheel drive sedans have more power than that. I also think you would be disapointed with the long term quality of the vehicle for the price. Though, the compact size of this "SUV" with give it decent handling. It is really just a wagon (ugly sedan). It is not an mid size SUV if that is what you are wanting.

The Nissan Rogue is compact-mid size. You may want to check it out. Same with the VW Tiguan, and Subaru XV.

For a true mid-size SUV you should look into the Nissan Murano. It will be on the high end of your budget. 

I'd also suggest a used Infiniti EX. It is compact but will have plenty of power and options, but will suffer in MPG.

Thx for your insight Dustink--- I appreciate your comparison between the two. I got the catelog for 2013 Forester. I kind of decided on 2013 Forester 2.5 X Limited.

I do need a bigger car, can't do small anymore because I have been that for a decade now....so need a change.

Message 8 of 10
sccredit
Valued Contributor

buy the '13 and most dealers will be pushing hard to unload them to make room for the new model coming in.

Message 9 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I would suggest the 2014. Your resale will be better and the model changes this year make it a better choice. You can still get a good deal. The dealers got flooded with these vehicles and are eager to move them.

A 2013 limited will run around $25k and the 2014 will be around $27k.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.