cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to change terms of lease once contract is signed?

tag
edly

Possible to change terms of lease once contract is signed?

BMW FS lease in California.

The money factor was brought down using calculations with multiple security deposits. My monthly payments were calculated with the lower money factor. However, I do not think the dealer applied the equity correctly. I asked the finance guy after I signed if I need to write another check or if there was a separate contract for the MSD. He said no, it's already in the lease agreement and that I would be getting back the MSDs at the end of the lease less disposition fee and overages. There is no line item for refundable security deposits and if you take into account the amount of the security deposits I was supposed to put down, drive off was only $400 (first month, doc, title, license, tax on cap cost reduction) when I calculated it to be about 1400.

I want to be informed if the lease company or the dealer contacts me. Can they legally force a change of terms or terminate the current lease contract or force me to give the MSDs?

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: Possible to change terms of lease once contract is signed?

I think I'm reading your post correctly..

Equity from a trade in can be used to cover up front charges (such as security deposits). The dealer has a way of internally charging (not collecting) the amount due at signing.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to change terms of lease once contract is signed?

I am also a little confused by your post. I am aware that you can give MSD to reduce money factor.  However, it is possible that the dealer made a "mistake" and used your money as a capital cost reduction (down payment), in this case you wont get your money back when the lease is up.  This sounds like what happened, especially since their is no line item for msd.  BMWFS would be the ones to tell you this.    more info on the post would allow more of us to help you. What delaer?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.