Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Chapter 7 Auto Refi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post Chapter 7 Auto Refi

I haven't had that great of luck searching on the internet, so I thought I would ask here. Does anyone have any leads as to who might do an auto refi with someone post BK under a year? No repoes, no late payments, only derog is the BK. I did include Cap One, and one Wells Fargo account (store card) in my bk.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: Post Chapter 7 Auto Refi

carfinance.com
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you used them? Thank you for the info.

Message 3 of 10
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

I will use them next week to refinance my existing auto loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you used them? Thank you for the info.

. I used them back in July, 15 days after discharge and they approved me at 10.95% with scores in the 580's, didn't use them because I went with wells fargo. They were easy and very, very fast!

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, thanks. We have one card with a low limit I used so I need to pay that off, let it update, then I think I'll try Wells and CarFinance. I'll have to call Wells and see if they might do a refi even though we burnt them for about 2k on a store card.

Message 5 of 10
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool, thanks. We have one card with a low limit I used so I need to pay that off, let it update, then I think I'll try Wells and CarFinance. I'll have to call Wells and see if they might do a refi even though we burnt them for about 2k on a store card.

As soon as the end of next week, I'll be updating this post.

Good luck to you!

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 6 of 10
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

I applied today and was denied, no clue why... they will be sending a letter on the mail. I really don't undestand how they approved just out BK7 with lower scores and nothing established.

They pulled Experian which is sitting at 630 now.

@Anonymous wrote:

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So carfinance approved you in BK, but now won't after?
Message 8 of 10
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Yes, isn't crazy?

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 9 of 10
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I'm in a similiar boat. Hopefully i will be DC sometime the beginning of 2017 and have a loan with WFDS (Wells Fargo Dealer Services  - not nreaffirming) and want to refi our loan. Someone in another post suggested CarFinance.com. Once DC I want to apply and get the best deal considering Chapter 7. We arent looking for anything fancy...really we want the same make and model of what we have now...if possible...

Since our 2nd car was totaled in car accident we also need a second car - so that adds on extra anxiety because I'm not sure if we can refi and get another car. Has anyone been faced with this?

TIA!

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.