Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Surrender Lates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post Surrender Lates?

Quick version of the story- car loan in 2011 was voluntarily surrendered in 3/2012.  Loan was with Santander.

Car was sold pubicly 5/2012.

They report random 90 day lates from 6/2012-5/2015 when they sold the debt.   Its 24 90 day lates total all after vehicle was sold at auction.  

It is out of SOL in my state, I reached out to Santander and they state nothing they can do as they sold the debt.  Whoever bought the debt is not showing on CR's just the Santander TL.

What is my next step? Maybe I used wrong address for communication, was gonna try something through the BBB....

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post Surrender Lates?

Dispute the lates on your credit report to all three credit agencies. If they refuse to remove them file a complaint with the CFPB and I bet they will disappear.  In fact its possible they would remove the whole thing because these guys don't want to mess with CFPB.  When you file the complaint list all three agencies and Santander as the parties your complaining against.  CFPB has been a godsend for consumer rights and has helped me and my wife twice now with amazing and very quick results.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post Surrender Lates?

Thank you!! I'll look into this tonight and get this's ball rolling.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.