Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved by US Bank!

tag
rossusa
Established Member

Pre-approved by US Bank!

I went from FICO 642 to 714 in 3 months, Thank You Forum! Then today got a pre-approval for $35,000 auto loan from US Bank. Not sure the interest rate or when I'll find out, I may need to call them.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-approved by US Bank!

@rossusa wrote:

I went from FICO 642 to 714 in 3 months, Thank You Forum! Then today got a pre-approval for $35,000 auto loan from US Bank. Not sure the interest rate or when I'll find out, I may need to call them.

Great bank, congrats. See if you can get promo financing from the dealer.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 24
rossusa
Established Member

Got a call from the bank, 2.49% for 48 months up to 3.49% for 72 months. Now to visit the dealer and find out what they can do.

Message 3 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@rossusa wrote:

Got a call from the bank, 2.49% for 48 months up to 3.49% for 72 months. Now to visit the dealer and find out what they can do.

Stick with the 48 month's if the dealer can't hook you up with something better.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 24
bellrod44
Contributor

@rossusa wrote:

How long did it take for them to call you? I just got preapproved yesterday for $22K.

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 5 of 24
rossusa
Established Member

Got pre approved online then a couple of hours later got an email telling me to call with any questions. I called and got a voicemail but they called me right back. I was surprised to get a personal email and phone contact number, not just a generic contact number. Impressed with US Bank customer service. It may help that I'm a current customer.

Message 6 of 24
bellrod44
Contributor

@rossusa wrote:

Got pre approved online then a couple of hours later got an email telling me to call with any questions. I called and got a voicemail but they called me right back. I was surprised to get a personal email and phone contact number, not just a generic contact number. Impressed with US Bank customer service. It may help that I'm a current customer.

Can you PM me the number you called? I want to reach out to them to get the rate. I'm thinking about going shopping this weekend. I'd hope, as a current customer and employee, I'd be able to get an answer. Smiley LOL

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 7 of 24
rossusa
Established Member

Got my car today: 2013 Altima, $29,000 financed. The dealer beat US Bank with 2.8% for 72 months. I'm very pleased with that rate! 

Message 8 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Ugh, why did you go with the higher rate?

The dealer probably could have done 1.9% for 60 month's.

The long loan terms people are going with is starting to frustrate me. How can you predict your financial outlook for the next 6 years? Or even keep a vehicle for 6 years. Paying such a small amount each month on something that goes down in value so quickly is just setting yourself up for problems.

Message 9 of 24
rossusa
Established Member

They wouldn't have gone to 1.9%, maybe 2.4%. Based on the way I make payments and the fact that I keep my cars until they die, I was very happy with the term and rate.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.