Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved by US Bank!

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-approved by US Bank!

2.8% for 72 month's is better than the current promo financing terms. So, they surely would have at least given you promo 1.9% for 60 months.

Per the Nissan promo terms that are currently running on the Altima:

" $27.78 per month per $1,000 financed at 0.0% for 36 months, $17.48 per month per $1,000 financed at 1.9% for 60 months, $15.15 per month per $1,000 financed at 2.9% for 72 months"

Glad you are happy. Just do your best to pay extra each month and get that balance down. Then you can refi into a better rate.

You are paying 78% more interest on the loan with your 72 month term vs a 60 month term.

You got a very good rate on a 72 month loan, but I feel a 60 month loan would have been a better choice. Your payment would have been $69 more per month, but that would have saved you about $1000 in interest if brought to full term.

I understand that $800 per month for the 0% for 36 months might have been a strech, although that might mean you bought too much car. Probably not though, since you keep them so long. I can't keep a car for more than a couple years. So, if I can't pay it off in a couple years I can't buy it Smiley Sad Hopefully you are happy with it for a long time. It must be pretty much loaded for $29,000 Smiley Happy Nissan is running the 2013 altima's about 15% off MSRP so you probably got into a 3.5 sl with tech....sweet

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 24
rossusa
Established Member

It is a nice Altima SL. Nissan does some sneaky things with that rate they advertise. If you take those low rates you lose up to $1000 cash back so you pay more for the car, making your payments the same as if your paying a rate in the 3% range.

Message 12 of 24
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

I just did the pre-aproval for them, it said my application is in review. But im lost it said pre approval amount $3000?? Is that the amount they are considering approving me for? If so then theres no way id take that for a auto loan, what kind of car they expect me to buy with that..lol. I got fico scores of TU 684, EQ, 660 EX fako 658 & also is that pre apporval a hard pull or soft pull on my credit report??

Message 13 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@rossusa wrote:

It is a nice Altima SL. Nissan does some sneaky things with that rate they advertise. If you take those low rates you lose up to $1000 cash back so you pay more for the car, making your payments the same as if your paying a rate in the 3% range.

2.5SL? Better gas mileage then

I also went with a 2.5 subaru rather than the 3.6 for gas mileage.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 24
rossusa
Established Member

Yes, 2.5 so far about 36 mpg on the highway Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Nice that is almost as good as the miles per gallon of oil usage on my subaru...lol if you didn't get that. I am saying my new subaru is burning oil.

Message 16 of 24
rossusa
Established Member

A brand new Subaru? That's too bad.

Message 17 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@rossusa wrote:

A brand new Subaru? That's too bad.

Yeah, my last Subaru (2009 Impreza) didn't have that problem. This one they switched over to a really thin oil for better gas mileage and it goes through almost a quart of oil every 3k miles.

But I am getting about 36mpg on the highway as well. Pretty good for a subaru.

I wish Nissan would make an affordable AWD. I would buy that car in a heartbeat. Nissan is my favorite brand of car.

The new Infiniti Q50 is going to be nice. Have you seen it? It is just a fancy Altima.

Message 18 of 24
rossusa
Established Member

I hope this is a good car, it took me some time to decide on the Nissan, so far I'm very happy. I've only had American cars since my 1965 Datsun Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The altima is a nice car... My mom has a 2005 with 170k miles that my brother is currently using.  Its only been in the shop for minor things thus far and still looks nice.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.