Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-owned car loan

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

Pre-owned car loan

Hello all.  I am looking at a 2012-2014 Range Rover Sport.  It will prob be anywhere from 35-50k depending on year and mileage.  I am wondering if Land Rover has an auto loan division.  Should I go through the dealership or NFCU for the financing?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pre-owned car loan

@NP27 wrote:

Hello all.  I am looking at a 2012-2014 Range Rover Sport.  It will prob be anywhere from 35-50k depending on year and mileage.  I am wondering if Land Rover has an auto loan division.  Should I go through the dealership or NFCU for the financing?

Doesn't hurt to do both if you do them in short order.  I'd always arrange financing before walking in, and then let the dealer try to beat it but that's me.

        
Message 2 of 4
NP27
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@NP27 wrote:

Doesn't hurt to do both if you do them in short order.  I'd always arrange financing before walking in, and then let the dealer try to beat it but that's me.

I have never had financing arranged before.  I always went through the dealer.  Do I need to find the vehicle first?  

Also, does NFCU make you send in paystubs?  I have them, but I am just wondering how involved it is.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@NP27 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@NP27 wrote:

I have never had financing arranged before.  I always went through the dealer.  Do I need to find the vehicle first?  

Also, does NFCU make you send in paystubs?  I have them, but I am just wondering how involved it is.

Thanks!

When you shop at a dealer, your search for financing is tied to a specific vehicle. With NFCU, apply for preapproval up to a number. The check would have an approved max number and no dealer info so you can shop anywhere. I just went through this process a couple of weeks ago. By the way, NFCU will require your income and banking statements which can be submitted electronically.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.