Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for Tomorrow (NISSAN)

tag
ALLevesque
Established Member

Re: Preparing for Tomorrow (NISSAN)

I like the sound of that, too.

I'll have to look into down payment too, we have limited cash since the Holidays have practically drained savings.  I have some to work with, and could potentially free up some more if necessary.  We've never put anything down with any previous vehicles, so far this is the only car we've traded (or thought about trading) with  neg. equity.

Message 11 of 18
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. Many lease offers require zero down for the holidays. I'm sure there are similar offers for financing as well. Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 12 of 18
ALLevesque
Established Member

I'll update tomorrow Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
ALLevesque
Established Member

I didn't end up buying a Nissan after all, we end up going with a Subaru Forester.

Message 14 of 18
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Cool! Did you finance or lease? What did you put down and what APR did you get if you financed?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 15 of 18
ALLevesque
Established Member

We purchased instead of leased. We just put down the minimum they asked for- $359-- not sure why such an odd amount.  But we got 1.9% apr.  End up financing a little over 25k- purchased Gap and a service plan which brought it up a little over the MSRP, but considering we rolled over about 2k in Neg. Equity we didn't do too bad!

Message 16 of 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Congrats! How long is your term?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 17 of 18
ALLevesque
Established Member

We went with a 72 month term

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.