Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing to buy a new truck

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Preparing to buy a new truck

I've spent lots of time in the credit rebuilding threads here, now it's time to put my efforts to the test.  In the next two weeks I'll be buying a new truck.  This brings up a few questions.  I estimate my FICO's to be >695 and <715, that's where #1 comes in.

1. Since we are unable to pull our own auto-enhanced FICO's the best I can do is get a non-FAKO.  On the main page at myFICO.com, there is a new (to me) 3 CB product for $54.99.  True FICO's?  Yes or no?

2. I have financed four cars, all without ever defaulting.  Hopefully helps in the AE-FICO's

3. My CC util is at 8% of $35K.  On the 10th it could be at 2.25%, and on the 12th it could be <1%.  (I've been letting balances post, very unlike me)

4. Is it worth the two weeks and waiting to handle #3 before  a) I pull my own FICO's and b) have the dealer and banks pull or will being further <10% be of negligible benefit?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Preparing to buy a new truck

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, they are true FICOs but not auto enhanced FICOs

2. Usually, it should help your scores.

3. Unless you are confident that your CR's will update on the 12th then expect to add more days. Usually, the best time to buy cars is the last weekend of the month.

4. See #3. Salesmen will want to close deals for commissions and the holidays are approaching. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 3
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: Preparing to buy a new truck

Thanks for the feedback, Lexie.  My CSP and BCE are my daily spending cards, and those two close and seem to report on the same days like clockwork.  That said, maybe not all 3 CB's get it at the same time, or even process it as quickly, at least TU does. 

The thing about it is, I could do this today IF driving the util further below 8% wouldn't be beneficial.  If being at <1% looks better than 8% then I should wait.

Point taken about leveraging the quotas and timing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.