Proof of Income Verification (Carmax or Roadloans)

Hi, I was wondering how Carmax or Roadloads verifies your income?

I had called Roadloans and before I kept getting disconnected, they told me that I would 3 months of personal bank statements to prove my income (being an independent contractor).

The question I have are:

1. I have received payments on a prepaid debit card. Do they accept print outs of these statements along with bank statements?

2. Do they call and verify your income with your bank? I'm just worried because in the past three months I have received more money on my card, and they don't even really have a number you can call.

3. I'm guessing a print out of my earnings wouldn't help either? Would they verify that as well? (Same situation; no number to call)

Sorry if this all seems weird, but if there is a number to call (for debit card) it's an automated deal. For the site I work on, you can only contact them by email.

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: Proof of Income Verification (Carmax or Roadloans)

3 months? wow, allt he places I applied at only require two pay stub.

tonyjones wrote:

3 months? wow, allt he places I applied at only require two pay stub.

See, online they told me they'd only need a month's worth of earnings, but I guess when I called, they said they needed 3 bank statements.

And I guess roadloans doesn't need to call and verify. They just need to see the money coming into your account.

Valued Contributor

I would apply at your local credit union or dealership. Every place denied me, honda financing approved me but they required two pay stubs and proof of residency! it was so easy!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I went thru roadloans and they called my employer to verify my salary and time of employment. I had terrible credit. I think my fico scores were around 525 at the time. I had them for a year now and no problems... I have a high interest rate which is expected though.

anca21bi wrote:

I went thru roadloans and they called my employer to verify my salary and time of employment. I had terrible credit. I think my fico scores were around 525 at the time. I had them for a year now and no problems... I have a high interest rate which is expected though.

Ohhh, I see. Well, I asked them and they said they didn't... so I have no idea? I'm an indepedent contractor (self-employed). I just work through a site. There's no way they can confirm earnings on that site... so I hope that doesn't cause a problem and they can just decide based on my bank statements.

Established Member

3 months of bank statement only applies to those who are self employed... if you are working for a company any paystubs within 30 days will do... other documents Carmax will take for self employ would be: 1099 forms, tax returns for the last 2 years, schedule C for last 2 years. If you add a cosigner they might do away with the POI

Epic Contributor

Carmax rarely asks for income verification I don't think.
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.