Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling the Trigger

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

Re: Pulling the Trigger

Toyota and Honda are appealing for their long term reliability - half of the reason I want to buy new is so I don't have to start putting lots of extra money into failing components, etc. not too long after getting it.  I'm not sure where Subaru falls on the maintenance hassle meter, but we'll see, I'll continue to research. 

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 14
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

Toyota and Honda are appealing for their long term reliability - half of the reason I want to buy new is so I don't have to start putting lots of extra money into failing components, etc. not too long after getting it.  I'm not sure where Subaru falls on the maintenance hassle meter, but we'll see, I'll continue to research. 

I'd say Honda & Toyota maint and repairs over 5 years are about $4500 and I would say Subaru comes in at $5300 or so for the 5 years. My Maxima is pretty low on maintenance and cost but the depreciation killed the overall value. 

Message 12 of 14
nj23
Regular Contributor

Subaru has a 0.9% APR for 60 months offer - would it be reasonable to expect that I qualify for this given my scores are probably between 734 and 760 with the one paid satisfactorily/closed auto loan from 2007 on my CRs?  

And, aren't these type of financing offers pretty common?  Like, this one ends 7/31, but there is likely to be another that starts next month?  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 14
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

Subaru has a 0.9% APR for 60 months offer - would it be reasonable to expect that I qualify for this given my scores are probably between 734 and 760 with the one paid satisfactorily/closed auto loan from 2007 on my CRs?  

And, aren't these type of financing offers pretty common?  Like, this one ends 7/31, but there is likely to be another that starts next month?  

Those specials are pretty common. Most companies that sell a quality product (Honda, Acura, Toyota, Subaru) don't advertise crazy amounts off MSRP or rebate amounts. They usually sell cars around sitcker price and their "sale" is the 0.9% or 0% financing. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.