cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing a new car with negative equity?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Purchasing a new car with negative equity?

be patient.   think of this as a chess game.  you have to make moves to win.    Just this week I bought a NEW 2013 Mini cooper. 24 miles on it.  new car smell and new car warrenty.  unfortunately i but myself in a position where i had 3500 neg equity.    I bought the new mini for about 8,000 off sticker. I paid less for a new one than I would have for a comparable used 2013.   took my time (1week) not one day.    I had to travel 300 miles to get this but it was well worth it.    Don't use just your local dealer.   pick a couple of cars you might want.    Pick a distance you will travel.  Most dealers outside your local market would love to steal a sale.  We saved 2,000 dollars last year on my wifes car simply by driving 250 miles to get it.   If your not hung up on a current year new car   some great deals can be found.   Don't fall in love with a car.  Be open.  2013 nissans are a great buy right now.and some of their 2014 can be had cheap with factory money available to offset neg equity.    find the car you want and compare it for price with 3 dealers.  keep hammering them on price.  PM me if you need some advide as this is getting long winded  but i'm just trying to help you.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.