Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Penfed Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question About Penfed Auto Loan

I just requested a CLI on my Penfed credit card. I think with them, you can request other products off of that one hard pull.. I know i will be purchasing an automobile next year and i'm wondering if i could apply now using the same hard pull as my CLI just to "test" the waters..Not to purchase an auto right now. But to see what they offer me. Would their be any disadvantage to that? Would it make any sense..or should i not and just wait until time to purchase. thx in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question About Penfed Auto Loan

Penfed "generally" will use your last pulled credit report for about 60 days no matter what you apply for.  They do say during the application process that the system may pull a new one.  I have purchased 6 cars using penfed autoloans and in my experience they have repulled my credit twice when they claimed they would not need to.  So its not a guarantee they wont.  But odds are if its a recent pull, they will not.  They are wishywashy on a lot of their so called guidelines.  So it depends on the day and the mood of the lender person you get as to if you will or will not be approved.  They both love and hate me.  Depends on the day.  One day they give me a CC for $50k, the next they wont approve me for a simple auto loan.  Then the next day they preapprove me for a $50k autoloan without any collateral info.  They are on drugs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.