Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 1st auto loan - Military

tag
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about 1st auto loan - Military

Ah, I see for GAP I have to send in a written request. As for the MSRP/NADA VALUE it lists: $24,434. Amount Finaced/Lease Cap: $24,097.54.

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesB95 wrote:

Ah, I see for GAP I have to send in a written request. As for the MSRP/NADA VALUE it lists: $24,434. Amount Finaced/Lease Cap: $24,097.54.

This was a new car right?  If so and the MSRP was $24,434 and you financed $24,097 after taxes, tags, extended warranty and GAP then you eihter put money down or they did discount the vehicle which may have included the rebate.  Still impossible to know for sure.

Message 12 of 29
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

I put down a $1,500 down payment which comes out of my bnk the 2nd of next month (differed). I will contact Toyota if they don't reply soon, though as I am unable to get any answers to be sure. Thanks Irish.

EDIT: it is new yes

Message 13 of 29
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

Still nothing at all from dealer. The manufacturer gave them a deadline of 22nd, now extended it to 26th telling me:

"We apologize that Momentum Toyota has not contacted you. We take full responsibility for the confusion caused as the case had not been forwarded over to the dealership right away as promised. The Customer Relations Manager, (full name hidden for privacy) or a member of the dealer’s management team will contact you by the end of business Tuesday, September 26th."

I emailed them informing them I now in the planning stages of reporting my experience to State Attorney General and also the Better Business Bureau. And preparing a negative review of my experience.

Wouldn't hurt to bring my contract into base legal and have it looked over while I wait for contact from the dealer... at this point.

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesB95 wrote:

Still nothing at all from dealer. The manufacturer gave them a deadline of 22nd, now extended it to 26th telling me:

"We apologize that Momentum Toyota has not contacted you. We take full responsibility for the confusion caused as the case had not been forwarded over to the dealership right away as promised. The Customer Relations Manager, (full name hidden for privacy) or a member of the dealer’s management team will contact you by the end of business Tuesday, September 26th."

I emailed them informing them I now in the planning stages of reporting my experience to State Attorney General and also the Better Business Bureau. And preparing a negative review of my experience.

Wouldn't hurt to bring my contract into base legal and have it looked over while I wait for contact from the dealer... at this point.

Amazing that the dealer is taking this route of not replying.  Pathetic.  Glad to Toyota seems to be taking it serious and trying to help you.  Good luck getting this resolved and please keep us updated.

Message 15 of 29
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@JamesB95 wrote:

@JamesB95 Sory you're having to deal with this.  Thankfully Toyota is working with you and hopefully you get this resolved.  I don't know the area you're in but in my part of town, the Attorney General is like kryptonite to dealerships.  If they know you're serious about getting them involved that usually speeds up their response.  It may not yield the result you want but at least you'll get their attention.  The last thing dealerships want is the Attorney General nosing around their shady operation.  Best of luck to you!

Message 16 of 29
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

So I got a voicemail FINALLY as of TODAY.. the call was from the person Toyota (manf. not dealer) said would contact me (rep from the dealer) (better late than never)... I am going to call him in a bit here after I figure out what is going on with this:

I had another interesting voicemail of which I spoke with Capital One. Apperently my loan is with them now and they confirmed they saw no such 2.5k rebate listed... MY copy of the contract I have says Ally Fin is my loan servicer. I am afraid I am going to be charged with both providers.. Capital One said they did see there was a whited out portion of the loan provider of which Ally Fin once was on the contract. Does this invalidate my contract? The interest rate is still 10.85 and the loan is still the same amount so I wasn't sure.

Currently reading over my contract for change clauses.

*sorry for typos, typing fast on end of lunch break*

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesB95 wrote:

So I finally got a voicemail FINALLY as of TODAY.. the call was from the person Toyota (manf. not dealer) said would contact me (rep from the dealer) (better late than never)... I am going to call him in a bit here after I figure out what is going on with this:

I had another interesting voicemail of which I spoke with Capital One. Apperently my loan is with them now and they confirmed they saw no such 2.5k rebate listed... MY copy of the contract I have says Ally Fin is my loan servicer. I am afraid I am going to be charged with both providers.. Capital One said they did see there was a whited out portion of the loan provider of which Ally Fin once was on the contract. Does this invalidate my contract? The interest rate is still 10.85 and the loan is still the same amount so I wasn't sure.

Currently reading over my contract for change clauses.

Bizarre.   Did you ever get a chance to talk to the base lawyer?  Yes, an altered contract could very well be grounds to invalidate it.  I think if that's the case, you're going to need to do far ore than talk to anyone at the dealer.  I'd look into possibly contacting the Consumer Finance Protection Board.

Message 18 of 29
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

I am doing a walk in Tuesday for legal.

I called the person that Toyota directed me to. I questioned which loan provider is actually mine since the contract I have is a different loan provider than on my version of the contract.

I also gave the name of my sale person who guaranteed my rebate. He tried saying it was only 2017 models which was untrue that weekend..

He said they were both off today (not sure I believe it).. He seemed very dismissive and seemed in a hurry to get me off the phone and just seemed kind of aggressive.

Will draft letter to State attorney general and Consumer protection bureau just in case I have to...

I was told I would get a call tomorrow. I'll hold him to his word, otherwise I will stop contacting them directly and do the above and make it a legal matter.

I saw on their website they guarantee another $500 for military which I did not get either.. even confirmed  my military status.

Message 19 of 29
Appleman
Valued Contributor

This is a case for the base liason. Not sure of the official military term but there should be an office that can help you sort through this BS. You were new and they took advantage of you. 

These stories really do not sit well with me.... I hope you get some satisfaction and always have a wingman. Remain calm but firm and documant everything.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.