Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about APR%, Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about APR%, Capital One

Pending proof of residence, I was just told that Capital One just approved me for an auto loan. When I asked the rep on the phone what the APR% will be she said that it depends on the car I choose, but it ranges from 2.1%-8.23%.

Any feedback on this? Also, which type of cars would most likely fall under the lower APR% of the spectrum?

Thank you!!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about APR%, Capital One

New

Message 2 of 5
EddieK
Established Contributor

Usually when they give you a range of APR's, they are basing it on the year and mileage of the vehicle you choose.  The newer and lower mileage examples would bring you to the lower APR and would gradually increase as the car you choose gets older and has more miles on it.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 3 of 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

you should check with the dealership if you plan on buying new, their in house financing alot of times offer 1% and even 0% to qualified buyers

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

@EddieK wrote:

Usually when they give you a range of APR's, they are basing it on the year and mileage of the vehicle you choose.  The newer and lower mileage examples would bring you to the lower APR and would gradually increase as the car you choose gets older and has more miles on it.

Yep.  What EddieK said.  FYI.  Cap1 pulls all three bureaus, so you have three new hard pulls.  If you try dealer financing, they will most likely use the shotgun approach to get you financed, more hard pulls.  Yes they probably only count as one pull for scoring purposes, but they are still hard pulls on your reports.  Unless your scores are great, and you know you will qualify for any of the low manufacturer promo rates, Cap1 is giving you some pretty decent numbers.  For comparison, DCU's best rate is 1.99%(1.49% with DD) if you are 675 or better EQ Fico, and that's new or used.  Most credit unions will be in that general neighborhood, some a little more or less.  How's your credit file?  Lots of help on here if we know where you stand. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.