Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Ford Motor Credit & Co-Signers

tag
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Question about Ford Motor Credit & Co-Signers

Quick General Question about FMC

On a co-signatory application how is the APR based? The one with the best credit or the worst?

Of course any other information appriciated as well

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Ford Motor Credit & Co-Signers

I think it's a combination of the two scores, not necessarily using the best or the worst but I have a lease with FMC and my credit was  SHOT when i got the lease...to the tune of 512...and i think i got a good rate plus i rolled negative equity into this lease. but we knew the owner of the dealership as well so i think i got "friends and family" discount...can't remember exactly.

As a rule, FMC is pretty darn lenient. I know this is a fact.

They have NEVER reported me as late even though one time, and I did call them, I told them I was going to double up my payments and give them 800 next month (told them my commision check got screwed up this month) and asked them to please please please don't report me as late. They did not report as late and could have. i made my payment as promised on the date I promised. I like FMC for that reason alone.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Ford Motor Credit & Co-Signers

@lajntx wrote:

Quick General Question about FMC

On a co-signatory application how is the APR based? The one with the best credit or the worst?

Of course any other information appriciated as well

Completely depends how the deal is structured and presented by the finance department.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.