cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about credit union membership and auto loans

tag
NCSeahawk

Question about credit union membership and auto loans

This might seem like a dumb question, but I have read conflicting answers so I will have to ask it. Do credit unions require membership in order to receive an auto loan from them? I know plenty of banks will loan to borrowers who don't have accounts with them, but credit unions differ from banks in some ways. I can't find any local credit unions here that explicitly say they will lend to non-members, but I have seen a few that will not.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about credit union membership and auto loans

@NCSeahawk wrote:

This might seem like a dumb question, but I have read conflicting answers so I will have to ask it. Do credit unions require membership in order to receive an auto loan from them? I know plenty of banks will loan to borrowers who don't have accounts with them, but credit unions differ from banks in some ways. I can't find any local credit unions here that explicitly say they will lend to non-members, but I have seen a few that will not.

everyone that i have seen does require membership for loans of course ymmv.......keep in mind that credit unions value membership whereas banks strictly value profit...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.