Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about financing a car

tag
blackarsenic
Valued Member

Question about financing a car

I'm about to finance a car with my fiancee' but my question is, if the car is under my name will I still be able to get insurance under my mother's coverage? Like will i be able to add a new car to her coverage while being financed under my name?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about financing a car

@blackarsenic wrote:

I'm about to finance a car with my fiancee' but my question is, if the car is under my name will I still be able to get insurance under my mother's coverage? Like will i be able to add a new car to her coverage while being financed under my name?

You will not be able to add her to your Mom's coverage. Thats something your mom will have to do.  She should not have a problem,but it deprends on the insurance company.

Message 2 of 6
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

A little red flag went off while reading this post...

Let me get this right... You and your fiancee are financing a car together, ok.

The car will be in your name, ok.

Who will be driving?  Just you or you AND your fiancee? 

So that means your mom will need to carry both of you on her policy as the two of you will each share driving of the car. 

Wow, I envy you!  I can only wish I had a mom that would carry me and my fiancee under her policy if we're supposed to be getting married, but financing a car we can't afford insurance for, therefore, must go under mom's policy.  I think Progressive have pretty decent rates, not just because we all like Flo on the commercials.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@JayRizzo wrote:

A little red flag went off while reading this post...

Let me get this right... You and your fiancee are financing a car together, ok.

The car will be in your name, ok.

Who will be driving?  Just you or you AND your fiancee? 

So that means your mom will need to carry both of you on her policy as the two of you will each share driving of the car. 

Wow, I envy you!  I can only wish I had a mom that would carry me and my fiancee under her policy if we're supposed to be getting married, but financing a car we can't afford insurance for, therefore, must go under mom's policy.  I think Progressive have pretty decent rates, not just because we all like Flo on the commercials.  Smiley Wink

This is a reminder to be respectful of other members of the community.  The circumstances surrounding the original poster's situation are known but to him, and sarcastic comments such as this do not answer his question.

Message 4 of 6
blackarsenic
Valued Member

ΔΔΔΔ I'm not insulted by his comments..... him taking the time out to write such a message already indicates he has nothing going on in his life, so him insulting me on an internet message board is meaningless. Anyway, being a new driver hurts insurance wise so to save a couple of bucks why not?
Message 5 of 6
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@blackarsenic wrote:
ΔΔΔΔ I'm not insulted by his comments..... him taking the time out to write such a message already indicates he has nothing going on in his life, so him insulting me on an internet message board is meaningless. Anyway, being a new driver hurts insurance wise so to save a couple of bucks why not?

The expectation of respect for other community members applies to everyone.  Trading insult for insult - especially after my previous message - is unacceptable.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.