Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paying off truck note early

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about paying off truck note early

We have a loan through Wells Fargo for our 2006 Nissan Titan.  We are SEVERELY upside down on the loan.  We have had several extensions and late charges on the truck.  In other words, we've had trouble paying the loan almost since the beginning.  Anyhow, we are fixing to receive a settlement for approximately $13,000.  We still owe about $16,000 on the truck.  The truck is only worth about $8000 (if we're lucky)!!!  We are current right now, but we do have an extension on the loan.  The next note is due on December 28th of this year.  We pay $456.95 a month for the truck and the note is killing us, not to mention the cost of gas!  We NEED to get out from under this note or we'll be more broke than we need to be for years.  I really want to take the settlement money we get and pay the truck off.  I am hoping that we could possibly settle for less than we owe on the truck.  What's the likelihood of this happening, and how should we go about asking for this kind of mercy from the loan holder?  What steps should we take in order to get them to work with us?  Please advise!  Thanks in advance.

Jenna

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Question about paying off truck note early

Best thing to do is try to refi. With that 13K in hand go to a cu and let them know you'll cover the negative equity, that way you can get lower mnthly pymnts you can afford. As far as settling...thats not going to happen. I have a number of people call me at work asking if they can do that with thier loans & the answer is always the same; we do not settle you have to pay your acct in full. I don't know where youlive but gas prices here in TX are now at $2.08 per gallon, so it's going to be difficult to use gas prices as an exuse.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.