Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about refinancing and credit scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about refinancing and credit scores

I have a question about my credit scores and refinancing my car.   My BK discharged Nov 2015 and I surrendered my car soon after I got financed with a new car.   I have been working on rebuilding my credit.  My regular FICO scores are almost 600 while my fico auto enhanced scores are in the low 500's except for EQ.   Is it possible to get my car refinanced at this point or should I wait till 1 year mark?

I had a car financed through Capital One in 2011 which I had to trade in (2013) due to a work injury so I financed another car in 2013 through Capital One.  No lates, always on time.  But my 2013 car is what I surrendered in the BK. 

I currently have my car financed through Honda Financial but at a high interest rate due to my BK.

I was thinking of trying to refinance through Capital One again since my CU says I would have to wait 1 year after BK before they could refinance me.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about refinancing and credit scores

If your score is still sub 600 no point of refi. Interest wouldn't be much lower. Just sit on it and wait till score over 680 for best new rate or at least in the 640ish

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about refinancing and credit scores

I agree, with the score it would be tough. You raise it a bit and the offers would be more worth it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.