Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question - after bk

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question - after bk

Hi All!

I love this forum and have learned so much just by lurking.  I joined NFCU last week.  I am wondering if I would be able to get an auto loan there after my bk is discharged in about a month.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  What could I do to up my chances (set up direct deposit, open a secured cc, etc)

Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Question - after bk

Honestly they may want to see at least 12-24 month post BK payment history before giving you the loan.  I tried with my local CU and they requested the same.  Once I get an auto loan I will be going back to them to refi.  YMMV and blessings on your quest.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info! 

Blessings to you too!

Message 3 of 17
Poorboi
Contributor

Capital one approved me of a car loan the same day of my discharge. I didn't take it . It was 16k max I wanted /needed more

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would take 16k.  I don't think I would want more, depending on the interest rate.  What rate did they offer you?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 17
coreyb80
Super Contributor

A 16K approval would be nice right about now.  I'm going to wait until my discharge is completed which should be around mid November as we just had our 341 on the 18th.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This waiting game is the worst!  I had my 341 in August.  I'm hoping for a mid-October discharge, but I'll bet it will be towards the end. 

Message 7 of 17
coreyb80
Super Contributor

I agree the waiting game is the worst.  I'm attempting to avoid anymore inquiries until I'm officially discharged.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What have you applied for and been approved?  I want to jumpstart my rebuilding...but I'm afraid of the denials!

Message 9 of 17
coreyb80
Super Contributor

I've only tried Cap One and was denied.  I believe this is because my debts from them being included in my 7 hasn't been discharged yet.  I'll try once I receive my official discharge.  I'm not applying for anything else until then.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.