Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

Question on Car Loan through CU

[ Edited ]
Currently, my fiance's car is in my name because he was unable to get it financed in his due to having a judgement on his CR.
However, this has increased my DTI to much and I'm in the process of trying to buy a house, so I need this out of my name right away !!
I told my fiance to call the Credit Union, which is where we bank and also where we have the car financed to see if they could refinance the vehicle in his name only.
The worse they could say is no, right?   So he calls them, they pull his credit and tell him he doesn't have any credit so he'll need a co-signer.   His dad is going to co-sign for him .....all is good right?
My question is this banks usually only pull the credit report from one CRA?   Meaning, his EQ report does not show the judgement and this is the one they pulled.  However, EX does show the judgement.
Is this typical that they only pull a report from one CRA or will the pull the others later and see the judgement?

Message Edited by thesedays on 06-12-2008 08:26 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question on Car Loan through CU

[ Edited ]
Me & my fiance has a similar problem. His truck is financed in both our names me being the primary borrower. We financed this way so he could start to build a credit history and score because he never financed anything and always paid cash. With him being on that note he has built a score of 640+ in about 2 years. I wanted to get it refi'd in his name only so I called up my cu manager ( they pull eq also ) and ask what rate he would qualify with if he refi'd in his name only she said 8.75 and .50 discount with auto draft and member reward points applied. We didn't refi at that rate because I had a rate of 5.00 currently and that would have raised the payments. My advice to anyone calling cu for rates, make sure you pull your own cra's and have scores available so the cu don't pull and make a hard inq & lose points.

Message Edited by Bran9192 on 06-12-2008 08:46 AM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.