cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on new auto lease?

tag
ReaSar12

Question on new auto lease?

I just leased a 2013 Honda Civic with the help of a family member as a cosigner. I had a fico score of 696 they had 825. Problem was my current income is too low (layed off from high paying job a year ago).  Will we both have equal reporting by the credit bureaus? I currently have student loans as installment. Will the auto lease count as a new installment loan with the amount owed the full price of the car on the credit reports? As a result, will my credit take a big hit if they count the full retail value of the car(18k) as new debt?

Thanks!!

EQ 658 EX 696 TU 670

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on new auto lease?

1. The lease will show up as what ever the lease amount is. So say your monthly payment is going to be 250 a month for 36 months. Your report will say installment loan: $9000 and will go down every month.

2. You both will benefit equally from this trade line. Assuming you pay in full and on time EVERY TIME!
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.