Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about auto loans, PenFed and short credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about auto loans, PenFed and short credit history

Hello everyone, I'm interested in obtaining an auto loan and I have some questions and also need some advice.

I'm not exactly sure what my options are right now here's some information. I only have about 3 months of credit history which won't be helpful at all but I do plan on co-signing the loan with a parent with good history.

I have been reading around and one thing that caught my eye were the PenFed Loans @ 3.99%. I was wondering if it would be possible to apply for that loan with my mom as a co-signer (if she had good enough credentials to be approved, of course.) The reason for this is that I want to build my credit history, have an installment loan on there and since I'd be the one making the payments.

Also, I've read a lot of the posts here about PenFed and their strict requirements. Does this mainly apply to their credit cards or does that also include their auto loans?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about auto loans, PenFed and short credit history

It applies to everything they do. With such a short history, you may want to start at a local credit union
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about auto loans, PenFed and short credit history

So my mom's credit history won't apply to this, only my own?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.