Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about Auto loans with recent new accounts

tag
jacquelinemay9
New Contributor

Quick question about Auto loans with recent new accounts

Hello all!

I recently (within the last week) applied for and received 2 new credit cards. Both pulled TU, which means I have 2 recent HPs on TU, 2 old HPs (>1 year) on TU, 2 old on EQ and 3 old on EX. My AAoA was 3 years, 10 months before my 2 new accounts are added. (previously had 16 active accounts I believe, and one old Auto loan from 2006 which has 100% on time payments for 3 years). My question is: Will my 2 new accounts hurt my chances of obtaining an auto loan? I can hold off on purchasing for 6 months if I HAVE to, to let the new inq age, but really looking into buying something in the 15-17k range in the next 3 months or so.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Quick question about Auto loans with recent new accounts

@jacquelinemay9 wrote:

Hello all!

I recently (within the last week) applied for and received 2 new credit cards. Both pulled TU, which means I have 2 recent HPs on TU, 2 old HPs (>1 year) on TU, 2 old on EQ and 3 old on EX. My AAoA was 3 years, 10 months before my 2 new accounts are added. (previously had 16 active accounts I believe, and one old Auto loan from 2006 which has 100% on time payments for 3 years). My question is: Will my 2 new accounts hurt my chances of obtaining an auto loan? I can hold off on purchasing for 6 months if I HAVE to, to let the new inq age, but really looking into buying something in the 15-17k range in the next 3 months or so.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!!

I think that with everybody's credit report being so different, your chances will vary. I think the 2 new accounts will bring down your score just a little, ergo hurting your chances yes. But how much will they hurt? In my opinion, not so much. If I was in your shoes and was looking in the next 3 months, I'd probably wait 3 months and just apply and see what happens.

Message 2 of 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Quick question about Auto loans with recent new accounts

I think you'll be just fine.  I had 8 new accounts (6 months old) when I bought my car, financed through Subaru (Chase) for $20k.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.