Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU Refinance!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RBFCU Refinance!!!

It seems that things continue to just go in my favor with RBFCU! I've been a member with them for about 12 years now. I've had my issues with them in the past when it came to previous vehicle loans that I ended up being late on a few times, but I always did catch up and keep my end of the agreement when it came to promising payments and what not.

It all started with me applying for a refinance loan with them back in March. I was approved, but they would not allow anything over NADA retail trade-in value. Unfortunately, I owe more on my car than it's worth right now. Mostly due to the fact that I had to carry over negative equity from my previous vehicle. I didn't give much thought into contacting them right away to see if they would remove that stipulation.

Fast forward 2 months later and I needed to get a personal loan for some moving costs that we are about to get hit with in early June. It was to my surprise that I logged into my account and BOOM... I was approved! I figured I would then shoot for their rewards MC. Boom... approved for $500! I thought that I would then for the heck of it ask for a credit increase and I only asked for it to be moved up to $1k and BOOM... it was approved for $5k! I then thought that since I was having some good luck with them I would apply for their premiere MC and BOOM... approved for $5k!

Now since all that happened I figured I would call them up and talk to them about the pending refinance loan and see if they would remove the stipulation. The call took about 5 minutes and probably 10 minutes later I had the message on my online account that they agreed to finance more than what the car was worth and allow me to bring the loan over to them and all I have to do is go in and sign paperwork.

It's great for me because I am going from a 15.6% interest rate to 8.8% with RBFCU. I know with them I can make payments for a couple of years and most likely refinance for a lower rate. All in all, I think my relationship with them is repaired from previous issues and they are definitely throwing me some bones. If any of you live in the service area of RBFCU and you're looking for a great CU, then I would definitely suggest you try them out!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RBFCU Refinance!!!

Congrats, looks like things are looking up. What kind of car was refinanced? 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RBFCU Refinance!!!

Thanks! It's my Hyundai Veloster. I use to have a Mustang GT with them in the past... miss that car!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.