cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFIED FROM SANTANDER TO DCU!!!!! FINALLY!!!!

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

REFIED FROM SANTANDER TO DCU!!!!! FINALLY!!!!

I got my refi. Smiley Very Happy I called today and did everything over the phone. It took about 20 min. I was a little worried because she asked me about the 2 things on my report I had a feeling she would ask me about lol. My 5 year old repo and my chase CC judgement. I explained everything to her and she said no problem.

Since I live in Chicago and I don't have family out in MA that use them, I had to go with one of their organizations they work with. She asked me who do I bank with and I told her chase. I have savings and checking with them and she said they can link those accounts with their own so that I can get their lowest rate and I can continue to use my chase accounts normally.

And yes, I got the 1.99%! Smiley Happy I am so glad to be away from Santander. I did 6 months with them. I had to fax my pay stubs over to them and she told me I should expect a call from them in about 48 hours so they can finalize my paper work. I would need to give them my chase account info so they can link me up and do autopay.

My old rate and payment was 13%, 429 a month for 72. My new rate is 1.99% and my payment will be somewhere between 295 and 305 for 66 months (they are going to continue from where I left from santander. My car will be payed off way before that though). She said my car was worth 17700 and I owe 19900 so I would need to bring 2200 which I told her was no problem. The process was very easy and she was very friendly. I also qualified for a mortgage! I will wait on that though lol.

I am so glad I found myfico.com. I wish I found you guys BEFORE I bought my car lol but better late than never. I would have never known about DCU if I hadn't stumbled onto here from google. It seems as though pretty much anybody can get with them and get a loan. I don't know how they do it but it works lol.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Re: REFIED FROM SANTANDER TO DCU!!!!! FINALLY!!!!

@black_citi wrote:

I got my refi. Smiley Very Happy I called today and did everything over the phone. It took about 20 min. I was a little worried because she asked me about the 2 things on my report I had a feeling she would ask me about lol. My 5 year old repo and my chase CC judgement. I explained everything to her and she said no problem.

Since I live in Chicago and I don't have family out in MA that use them, I had to go with one of their organizations they work with. She asked me who do I bank with and I told her chase. I have savings and checking with them and she said they can link those accounts with their own so that I can get their lowest rate and I can continue to use my chase accounts normally.

And yes, I got the 1.99%! Smiley Happy I am so glad to be away from Santander. I did 6 months with them. I had to fax my pay stubs over to them and she told me I should expect a call from them in about 48 hours so they can finalize my paper work. I would need to give them my chase account info so they can link me up and do autopay.

My old rate and payment was 13%, 429 a month for 72. My new rate is 1.99% and my payment will be somewhere between 295 and 305 for 66 months (they are going to continue from where I left from santander. My car will be payed off way before that though). She said my car was worth 17700 and I owe 19900 so I would need to bring 2200 which I told her was no problem. The process was very easy and she was very friendly. I also qualified for a mortgage! I will wait on that though lol.

I am so glad I found myfico.com. I wish I found you guys BEFORE I bought my car lol but better late than never. I would have never known about DCU if I hadn't stumbled onto here from google. It seems as though pretty much anybody can get with them and get a loan. I don't know how they do it but it works lol.

CONGRATS!!! I love DCU! The onlything i would say is that if they don't contact you within 48 hours make sure YOU CONTACT THEM!! lol they seem to be a lil busy lately other than that i love them!

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS!!! I love DCU! The onlything i would say is that if they don't contact you within 48 hours make sure YOU CONTACT THEM!! lol they seem to be a lil busy lately other than that i love them!

Do you mean contact them 2 days after I email the documents they need? That's assuming they haven't contacted me yet. My auto loan was approved yesterday, and am still waiting to hear from them about the next steps I should take! Meantime, I am car shopping! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 3 of 15
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i know this feeling! CONGRATS

Message 4 of 15
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Yes! Call them before you pick out your car to make sure all your docs are in order. Once you pick out your car you call them to finalize the loan. They overnighted me a check. Everything was so fast lol oh and they also sell warranties. I got a 3 year one for 1500

Message 5 of 15
Mutt
Valued Member

Was the check made out to a certain dealer and for a certain amount or do you fill it in at the time of purchase?

Message 6 of 15
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

It's made out for the amount of the car. The check will have the dealers name on it along with yours.

Message 7 of 15
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

i love myfico!  I learned so much just reading 5 threads on the AL board!

Message 8 of 15
black_citi
Established Contributor

Well it turns out I don't have that 1.99% I thought I did.

Basically what ended up happening was when I called Monday, the department I was suppose to go to was super busy, so I got transferred to a department that, I guess, doesn't check credit scores.

Of course I didnt know any of this. The woman I talked to told me all I needed was 2 recent pay stubs and to call back in 48 hours. She told me I got the 1.99% since I was willing to do autopay.

Well I called yesturday (wednesday) thinking I can finalize my paper work. Nope. I had to open a savings with them (which I already did, very easy btw), I have to send them my DL and ssc (which I will do today when I call and ask for their email) and my REAL interest rate is 6.49%. That's a long way from 1.99%.

Its still much better than my current rate of 13% but I am still a little disappointed by the slight misinformation. My EQ score is 669. I would have had an interest rate of 5.99% but I wanted 72 months because it would be easier for me. So they upped my interest by .50%. My car will be payed off by 2015 but with the 72 months I am hoping that my note will be under $300. He told me $290 but it hasn't been finalized yet.

I owe 19962 and the NADA on my car is 17725. I would need to bring about $2200 but I told them I can give them $2700 to make it easier on me.

Since this is my first time EVER refinancing I now know what to do to avoid these hiccups in the future. Anyone planning to refi make sure you are in the right department and before you even call, if you go through DCU, open a savings account FIRST. Lesson learned for me lol.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 9 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Sometimes we have to take baby steps. I would say that even the 6.49% is a giant leap for you - given the 13% rate you have now. Congrats! Rebuilding is a process and you have come a long way quickly Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.