Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-fi question

tag
sudofdisk
Valued Member

Re-fi question

I purchased a new vehicle almost exactly a year ago and the dealership was able to finance me through a credit union I had never heard of at 12%. My credit is significantly better now and I know I could do better at a local CU, but I am planning on buying a home this summer. Is it possible/advisable to ask them if they want to refinance me? Will this count as a new loan on my credit report? Should I wait till after I get the mortgage?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Re-fi question

@sudofdisk wrote:

I purchased a new vehicle almost exactly a year ago and the dealership was able to finance me through a credit union I had never heard of at 12%. My credit is significantly better now and I know I could do better at a local CU, but I am planning on buying a home this summer. Is it possible/advisable to ask them if they want to refinance me? Will this count as a new loan on my credit report? Should I wait till after I get the mortgage?

Yes a refi is considered a new loan with new inquiry, new credit account in your file, etc.

I would wait until after buying a home to consider this refi.  IMO

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.