Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit for a future car purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding credit for a future car purchase

Although you guys told me to keep doing my payments to avoid repo, I was not able since I lost the job. However, I've found a nice job but the car is already gone. I want to know if is possible to join a credit union and start building my credit some how and get a car in the mean time. Some places have offered me a short term loan for a decent van (the same as the one I've lost but at less than 50%the price). I need good advices from now on...

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding credit for a future car purchase

Did you pay off the repo balance yet? I wouldn't even consider financing until that is taken care of first. It'll show the future lender that you were serious about righting the past and you may have a better shot at approval. Otherwise, you'll be stuck in another bad loan w/ a super high down payment, high interest, and high monthly payment.

IMO, you are probably better of financially if you pay cash for a used car somewhere and let some time pass between the repo and a new loan.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.