cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Infiniti Q50 Hybrid or the new Q60 Hybrid?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Recent Infiniti Q50 Hybrid or the new Q60 Hybrid?

Wondering if anyone has recently been buying or leasing any of the new Infiniti Hybrids as I seem to be watching the lease prices trending down as the year goes on...

I just feel like I am missing something major with rather it's worth eating the negative equity in our current lease to move over to a Hybrid.

On a purchase it seems some what straight forward.

If I carry $5k over lets say at 72 months at .9% that's about $70/month in OLD CAR I'm paying during new car.

what about on a lease though?

and if I'm saving $200+ in gas a month doesn't it make sense?

I have posted a couple variations of somewhat same thing over last couple months but with really fixing my credit and my partner and I being on same page with our finances we are really trying to make things make sense and since money and credit is my obsession he wants me to figure out the numbers and then present and I'm very unhappy with these!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
wntrwhte2

Re: Recent Infiniti Q50 Hybrid or the new Q60 Hybrid?

The Q50 is not a hybrid like a Prius. It's basically a big V6 that gets little V6 mileage, the AWD versions are rated 19/27.

I certainly would not roll over $5k of negative for one. A lot of it would be swallowed by the fat incentive they have now, but you'd be basically leasing a unknown at sticker for 36 months.

You guys shop for cars constantly, the amount of negative equity you must be rolling around has to be staggering.

Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@wntrwhte2 wrote:

The Q50 is not a hybrid like a Prius. It's basically a big V6 that gets little V6 mileage, the AWD versions are rated 19/27.

I certainly would not roll over $5k of negative for one. A lot of it would be swallowed by the fat incentive they have now, but you'd be basically leasing a unknown at sticker for 36 months.

You guys shop for cars constantly, the amount of negative equity you must be rolling around has to be staggering.

well... we made some epic mistakes with cars... but the only current car we have is the Kia Optima and via CarMax it's $4500 exactly negative right now.

and see the commercials are still showing 36 months deals but I got a mailer for a 24 month lease which is the only way I would do it and why I am wondering how I figure out the negative equity on a lease.

We have 30 months left on the Kia so if we rolled that into a 24 month Infiniti I would have no intentions to even dream of keeping it or anything... I know they would have to stick some terrible numbers in it I assume so it would be very negative at the end of the lease but that's okay I think.

I mean I see internet specials for a regular Q50 which is only a couple grand less than a Hybrid for like $280/month on 24 months with $2k down.... clearly those numbers don't make sense to me when the TV special is $369/36 months $3k+ down!!!

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WHAT????? EXPLAIN!!!

This is a 2014 Q50 out of Dania FL

even if that's base model... it's like $5k to add pretty much all the options which would barely take you over $300... ?

monthly payment: $259.00/mo   
down payment: $0.00

Current Miles0
Total Lease Mileage20,000
Miles Per Month833
Lease Term24
Message 4 of 12
wntrwhte2

Infiniti had a massive incentive on these, but it looks like it's gone. The $369/mo, 39 mo lease has a down payment of almost $4k. Then you have the $5k rolling in from the old lease-- so you're looking at $9k down to get advertised prices. If you want to roll forward you'd be looking at a lease payment of almost $500/mo before tax.

Message 5 of 12
wntrwhte2

ridiculously low mileage lease is where the payment comes from. I did a search for the lease you mentioned and it's coming from a broker's website-- in other words, it's a proposal of what they think they can get you, but no one may have actually gotten a deal done at that price.

I suspect their number also includes the $3750 incentive that Infiniti had on these that has ended.

If you look at their FB page there is no DP but $1635 due at signing, so it's not $0 drive off.

Message 6 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@wntrwhte2 wrote:

ridiculously low mileage lease is where the payment comes from. I did a search for the lease you mentioned and it's coming from a broker's website-- in other words, it's a proposal of what they think they can get you, but no one may have actually gotten a deal done at that price.

I suspect their number also includes the $3750 incentive that Infiniti had on these that has ended.

If you look at their FB page there is no DP but $1635 due at signing, so it's not $0 drive off.

maybe I'll send it to the other infiniti dealership that I have not dealt with her but is the largest I think and they pride on no haggle and not being beat by someone else and see how crazy they tell me the numbers are... I'm almost okay with someone doing that if they can break down where it goes wrong or what they can do and list numbers.

Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wntrwhte2 wrote:

Infiniti had a massive incentive on these, but it looks like it's gone. The $369/mo, 39 mo lease has a down payment of almost $4k. Then you have the $5k rolling in from the old lease-- so you're looking at $9k down to get advertised prices. If you want to roll forward you'd be looking at a lease payment of almost $500/mo before tax.

Gorgeous vehicle indeed.

Creditaddict - I would think that without the negative equity, there's more room for negotiation.  So, if you decide to fold the negative equity into the new lease and roll it forward (including the end residual value) then the math, on the surface, sounds about right though.  The final monthly pmt will eventually change with your DP, taxes and whatnot.  Of course, you can shop around since different dealers can offer some other competitive incentives (based on inventory), especially during this time of year. 

Message 8 of 12
coterotie
Established Contributor

How much longer do you have to pay on the Kia and what is the payment?

Have you done a breakeven calculation on when the Kia will go neutral?

IF you park the Kia, use USAA to do a non-drive insurance policy on it (mine runs $60/year) and if you do a minimal down lease on the Infiniti, would the total of payments minus the gas savings be do-able?

You could then drive the Kia to make sure you didn't go over the mileage alotment on the Infiniti (again USAA allows for the occasional drive by paying insurance for the time yo drive.)

Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@coterotie wrote:

How much longer do you have to pay on the Kia and what is the payment?

Have you done a breakeven calculation on when the Kia will go neutral?

IF you park the Kia, use USAA to do a non-drive insurance policy on it (mine runs $60/year) and if you do a minimal down lease on the Infiniti, would the total of payments minus the gas savings be do-able?

You could then drive the Kia to make sure you didn't go over the mileage alotment on the Infiniti (again USAA allows for the occasional drive by paying insurance for the time yo drive.)

The Kia has 30 months left on lease at $300/month.

I have also looked at Lexus ES Hybrid

Getting an X plan on Fusion Hybrid probably later today

and just found out about the new Honda Accord Hybrid...

So doesn't have to be Infiniti but with my past experience with them the lease numbers can be changed seemingly easily and I really want to see a 24 month term if at all possible on a new one if leased or 60 to buy unless it's under 2% then I would do 72 months but none of these cars are in price range for me to buy.

Half the reason for getting rid of the Kia lease also is because it's in my partners name and I am trying to clear his name up for mortgage... but maybe just buying a $15k car would be a better option... just not sure what since I need to keep something pretty nice because I'm a driver too. (2005 or new, 4 door, leather, navigation, etc.)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.