cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent used car purchase.... they changed my monthly payment?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Recent used car purchase.... they changed my monthly payment?

I just bought a car 2 days ago.  Received a call from finance they said they had to make a change to my paperwork and I will have to pay 8.00 more a month.

Can they do this?  Should I make a fuss of this???  I've already signed a contract for what Im suppose to pay monthly!!!!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Recent used car purchase.... they changed my monthly payment?

If you and they signed a contract then they cannot change the terms. I'd reread your contract to see if there is any language in there that allows for errors or omissions. Maybe they made a miscalculation? I don't know. You'd have to ask them for an accounting of the $8. BTW $8/mo times 60 months (assuming) is $480 and some of that is likely interest. I'd quiz them on it.

Message 2 of 4
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your purchase!  Is that $8 some kind of Administration fee?  I know you signed a contract, but I'm wondering if lending institutions trying to make up a few extra bucks here and there off the consumers like they do with credit cards?!?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayRizzo wrote:

Congratulations on your purchase!  Is that $8 some kind of Administration fee?  I know you signed a contract, but I'm wondering if lending institutions trying to make up a few extra bucks here and there off the consumers like they do with credit cards?!?

No. they don't.

Call the car dealership and do not ignore them.

The contract you signed could easily have a "conditional" clause in it and that clause is being used.

Find out why they are changing the deal.

As I have said before the deaelrships are the middlemen between the finance company and you, and everything they do is based on the finance companies final approval. (which in many cases does not happen until th epaperwork is fianally faxed in to the bank, and then followed in fedexed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.