Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation - First Time Buyer

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Recommendation - First Time Buyer

Well Mazda is 0% for 60 months PLUS Cash back - start shopping them for the price of the car before even going in.... You know you qualify for the 0% so don't even get into a finance talk with them... talk about best internet price... don't let them push you to come in to talk about that... I will come in if you give me numbers that are worth me coming in for!

Honda is 1.9% so if you are going honda route not sure it's better now then later... I feel like 1.9 will always be around or you have your new Credit Union... the 0% plus cash and what not might not be around in those same terms but I don't think it's end of world to wait if you want to or just get it now if you want it... 0% is 0%!

Message 11 of 18
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

WOW had not heard about the Mazda currently.

I will be shopping the price on the Mazda 3 in my area
however I am still unsure on any cars to look at without touching and feeling.. very visual person
I do not want to get to a point with 3-4 dealerships on 3 different types of cars asking me to come in.
Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 12 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm just simply saying you can get the ball rolling ahead of time with a contact, an internet price, etc.... 

maybe your mazda dealership is a more no haggle type of place... I love them when they are... and you get some straight forward discounts and pricing... then im okay with possibly not squeezing every ounce out of a deal if I dont' need to do pressure wheeling and dealing.

Message 13 of 18
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

that's true!
Man.. These places here all hate dealing with email.
I've already had two "managers" call asking me to call them directly
I've only asked for quotes to compare against other places
Message 14 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Don't say your quoting to other places but I'd call and ask if they were able to put those numbers together for you yet... They will ask you to come in.
You say my time is to valuable to come in of we don't have numbers to talk about (sort of thing)
Message 15 of 18
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

yup, thats where I am at right now

kind of stuck since all these places say bring in my lowest quote so they can beat it

I dont think they get how this works...

Message 16 of 18
wntrwhte2

I'm quite sure they know how it works, but it's pretty clear that you don't.

Don't negotiate if you don't know that you want to buy the car. You're just wasting your time and the dealer's.

1. Schedule a test drive. Be up front that you are cross shopping Y model.

2. Test drive the cars you'd like to buy, Shake the salesman's hand and take his card.

3. Decide what car you are ready to buy, and at what price you want to pay for it.

4. Now call your salesguy and say I am ready to buy and here is where I am at, and name your figure.

5. If they won't meet your figure, approach dealer #2 and say, I have already test driven, I am at these numbers and you have the car in stock, can you do this price?

They have no incentive to give you numbers, you have no idea if you want the car, haven't even test driven it or given any indication that you're serious, so they're either going to give you numbers that are bull*hit because they know you aren't serious and the odds of you coming in are slim, or they're not going to give you any numbers at all.

Being educated, informed about what a reasonable price is, and showing your face in person will get you a lot farther than the pointless email bomb. The whole "email every dealer in a 5 state radius" thing came and went and we are now back to being in person. Dealerships realized that the effort involved in producing internet quotes was wasted time and energy that didn't result in sales, and the guy is right in that asking him to name his bottom price isn't reasonable because there are market forces involved outside of just you wanting to buy this car.

Message 17 of 18
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

1. I have
2. I have
3. I have
4. Have called all dealerships explained I have to go through email due to my schedule at work I have little time to talk on phone (which is true)
5. All have given me a basic quote DUE to me calling I am, as I said, stuck with now none are telling me any numbers because one dealer has I believe gone lower than they like and are telling me if I bring it in they'll beat it but not how much
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.