Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconsideration Success with Alliant Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reconsideration Success with Alliant Auto Loan

Applied for a $5,000 used car auto loan with Alliant and was told a decision would be emailed to me within 45 mins to an hour. I hung up and checked my email and saw there was an immediate decision: denied due to thin file. Felt defeated and was amazed that the denial was practically instantaneous even though the person taking my application said the underwriters had not issued a decision and to wait. So, I decided to call back and ask if there was a decision (playing dumb). The loan rep checked and told me it was denied but then he said, "Didn't you say you had a huge down payment?" I said yes. He said, "Wait, you're only requesting a $5000 loan. Whoever did the app failed to mention what you plan to put down for a down payment. I'm going to send this back for reconsideration. Can you hold on?" I said yes. He came back on the line and said the loan is APPROVED!!

Now I have an installment loan showing on my credit report that will help build my credit. So relieved and grateful.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reconsideration Success with Alliant Auto Loan

Congrats! I am glad you got the Versa Note instead of the sedan. Did you keep the truck since it was recovered?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we are keeping it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Which CRA did they pull and what was your FICO there?  Also how big of a down payment?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Fico 663 and most probably it was the auto score because my TU Fico-8 score is 647. $8k down payment so the loan was actually less than $4K.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.