cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refi after one month? I think the math makes sense...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refi after one month? I think the math makes sense...

Sucks to take another HP but I think it is worth it. I refinanced with DCU last month and my APR went from 20% to 10%. WELL, my scores have skyrocketed 60-90 points in the last month and I now qualify for the 3.74% APR with them. Loan balance is $19,700. My payment would go from $380 to $326 and I would save about $3,600 over the life of the loan. I take the hard pull here, correct? Thanks for your input. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Refi after one month? I think the math makes sense...

I am not sure if DCU will refinance their own loans. If they do, go for it and save some money!

Congrats on the improved scores.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

I am not sure if DCU will refinance their own loans. If they do, go for it and save some money!

Congrats on the improved scores.

They do. It will cost me a $125 fee but again the overall savings are still significant. I think this makes sense to do. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the $125 fee makes very much sense you'll still be saving a good chunk of 💰it's your call BluffCityNomad! 😉
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would happily trade an HP for $3,600.  HP's are really not a big deal long term $3,600 is a pretty big chunk of money to spend to avoid a HP so go for it if you haven't already.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely would; did the same thing last year. Went from 9.99% apr to 2.99%. DCU is great to work with

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your score when you refinanced the first time?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.