Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refi for 2001 model.

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Refi for 2001 model.

I've got a 2001 truck and am looking to refi it.  My score has went up substantially since I got it in December at ~8.5% and am looking to a lower rate.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: Refi for 2001 model.

We recently had to refi an older vehicle (2003).  Lenders usually have an issue with older models and higher mileage.  Our refi was further complicated by the fact that we were upside down on our loan.  As such, LTV was a problem.

USAA was able to meet our needs.  If you are a member, I recommend checking them out.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 2 of 3
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Refi for 2001 model.

It just comes down to LTV. If the car is worth more than book, you should be okay. If you are in with NFCU, check them out. They can probably get you a rate under 3%.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.