Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refi or No Refi

tag
candiigraham
Established Member

Refi or No Refi

I'm trying to accelerate payments on my cc's that total $2500.  I wanted to get them paid off in 6 months, but I think that if I refi my car loan I can get the CC's paid off in 3 months.  I'm trying to improve my UTI.  The car loan has a balance of 5,832 monthly payment $240 interest rate 11.99%. It's with Wells Fargo.  Wells Fargo also just gave me a LOC with Ashley Furniture a month ago.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Refi or No Refi

@candiigraham wrote:

I'm trying to accelerate payments on my cc's that total $2500.  I wanted to get them paid off in 6 months, but I think that if I refi my car loan I can get the CC's paid off in 3 months.  I'm trying to improve my UTI.  The car loan has a balance of 5,832 monthly payment $240 interest rate 11.99%. It's with Wells Fargo.  Wells Fargo also just gave me a LOC with Ashley Furniture a month ago.

It will likely save you several hundred dollars in interest if you can refi out from that 12% interest rate ~ I'd go for it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@candiigraham wrote:

Isn't Ashley Furnitures Credit with GE?

and with a 12% if you can refinance and not take the loan out longer I WOULD!

Message 3 of 5
elleng81
Contributor

Ashley has both Wells Fargo and GE. Wells Fargo is the premier lender that they usually advertise the financing with (they have Wells Fargo kiosks to apply at in the store). If you are denied Wells they usually offer GE... at least at my local store.

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@elleng81 wrote:

Ashley has both Wells Fargo and GE. Wells Fargo is the premier lender that they usually advertise the financing with (they have Wells Fargo kiosks to apply at in the store). If you are denied Wells they usually offer GE... at least at my local store.

yeah that's weird, the store here I have been to has the kiosk for GE only... no mention of Wells Fargo.

I know with Tempur-Pedic that is Wells but they have a secondary from health something rather (at least in past) if denied wells.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.