Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refi success!

tag
seeyouthere
New Contributor

Refi success!

As everyone in the CC section of the forum knows, I have been working extremely hard to get my credit to where it needs to be.  I applied for some cards that I though would never get approved for (CSP, AMEX, BARCLAYS) and gotten instant CL.  I noticed by me paying down all my other credit card debt the month prior, I would be saving myself $335 a month in minimum payments.  That got me looking at what else I could save money on.  I had bought my car in June 2013 at a rate of 11.49% which at the time, I thought was ok since my previous loan was at 21.5%.  I was nervous to even consider a refinance on the car because of the LTV and the amount of inquiries.  I put my foot down and decided to give it a try with Desert Schools federal credit union. They have always been competitve and are very well known in Phoenix.

After a few minutes of exchanging information with the rep, she told me she would call me back within the hour to determine if I was approved.  10 minutes later she called back saying my loan rate was now 3.89.  This was going to save me $130 a month and over $3000 in interest against my previous loan holder.  WOW!!!  I am amazed at how being determined and paying my quick debts off has really had its benefits.  Just thought I would share my experience.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Refi success!

Message 2 of 3
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Re: Refi success!

That is great news!! I am going to refinance as soon as my mortgage closes on may 30th
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.