Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance Auto Loan Need Help

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Refinance Auto Loan Need Help

I Got a Current Auto Loan From Nissan NMAC At 12%
Made 14 Payments On Time My Score From Credit Karma Is 636 Experian.Com Says 667 But I Don't Think So I Paid 2 Cards Off And Paying Most Of Them Hav 3 More To Pay Off When My Score Go's Up And I Got 7 Inqs Falling Off In December So Looking To Refinance

Payment Is $549 Always Pay $700 Every 4th When Due Payoff is $24,780 2013 Nissan Altima S

I Bought In September 2013 With 8 Miles Now Has 33,779 On It I Drive A lot

Had a Trade In With negative $5,000 Roll Over Put $2000 Down So That's Why Owe So Much

I Need a Good Place To Refinance I Was Thinking Of a Credit Union Cause People On Here Get Good Rates Please Let Me Know The Most Case To Go I Wanna Get Lower APR But Of My Payment Was To Drop I Will Still Pay $700 Everymonth I Have a Good Income
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Refinance Auto Loan Need Help

the scores you have are worthless but I would probably try DCU as it's easy to qualify to join them and they use EQ and have lowest rates around I believe.

not sure where you live but Burbankcity CU here in Burbank CA is who I refinanced with and they use a straight TU Fico score and once approved, the rates are set based on credit score not dependant on the credit analyst! (I think they have open ways to join also)

Message 2 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Based on the amount owed on your car I don't see any CU refinancing for you.

Based on NADA, a 2013 Nissan Altima S with 33k miles on it, Clean Retail book is $16,925, which would put you about 150% LTV

Message 3 of 5
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

What do I do then? Put a down payment are keep paying it ?
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You can ask the cu for max refi they will do and pay the difference in the loan.
I recently paid $1300 towards my loan before the cu would refi it... I just made an overnight payment and got a new payoff quote that the cu used
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.