Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance Auto Loan

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Refinance Auto Loan

Hello I currently have a auto loan with NMAC for a 2013 Nissan Altima S 4-Door I traded my old SUV and had $6k in negative equity so I put down $2,500 all I could of afford at time got financed for $26,000 OTD $549 Payment 12.99% had since September 4th and my score at time was 636 had couple cards with balance's and couple inqs fall off now all my cards all paid off I have no baddies never missed a payment

I wanna refinance next month how do i do that? Would I have to put money down?
Thinking about getting trading in but car I have about $6k negative equity from other loan still!! And don't wanna put $6k down but Nissan Financial has a deal where u make 18 on time payments and pre approved for 1.49% on any Nissan !!!

Sorry for long post but really need some help thanks

I Am a AU on 2 high limt credit cards both have $10k limts my score went up a lot
This help my credit a lot
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Refinance Auto Loan

What is the NADA Retail value of your car today (used retail)? And current balance on loan?

In general if you want to refi, you'll have to bring enough cash to cover the difference between NADA Retail and current balance.

I've never heard of this 18 months, 1.49% deal, yet it keeps being mentioned around here. In general, I don't think it's wise to keep trading like that unless you hated the car or something. Yeah, sure, your interest goes to 1.49%. But you get to take the depreciation hit of YET ANOTHER new car. So you save on interest, but lose money to dealer markups/fees, trade-in dealer lowballing, and depreciation. Especially at 13%, I personally think you would be better served by trying to put extra funds every month towards the loan principal (make sure you designate extra principal payments) to try and make the loan balance and NADA retail become more balanced down the road.

What exactly is your FICO today and what bureau (fako ie creditkarma, etc... doesn't count)? "Went up a lot" is not going to help us see where you are...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.